In order to address the growing demands of the geophysical industry for even larger channel counts, high performance digital receivers, and greater layout flexibility; Sercel has expanded upon the well known successes of the 408UL system to include even greater capabilities and expanded ownership value in the 428XL acquisition system.
New Hardware and Software
Carrying on the efficient design of the 408UL System, the 428XL requires less power, lasts longer, and is more reliable than any of its competitors on the market today. The 428XL offers all new hardware and software which is specifically designed to meet the needs of large channel count operations while improving conventional operations. It is also compatible with the 408UL field equipment.
- Still available as either a one-component or a three-component sensor,
the packaging of the DSU3 has been redesigned to move the sensors deeper
into the ground when planted and lower the profile of the unit.
- Sercel's seismic network software, the e-428, also displays some important improvements including an all new user interface. Based on a client/server architecture, this software fully controls the spread and the operations even from remote locations.
The 428XL makes it easy for your crews to shoot the most accurate data in the least amount of time, with the fewest possible trucks and people in the field. The 428XL uses new line electronics that are smaller and lighter, and can address more channels as the group interval gets smaller. The 428XL system also introduces a new radio telemetry option. With this increased layout flexibility, seismic crews are able to avoid all types of obstacles and achieve greater field efficiency.
- The 428XL system offers a new data acquisition unit, the LAUR-428 and a transceiver unit, the LRU-428 with the ability to connect either to a 428 line or directly into the recorder.
Channel Capacity & Speed
With a capacity of 100,000 channels - backed by a new telemetry structure that boosts by 500 percent the number of channels a wire transverse cable can address in real time at 2 ms - the 428XL gives you outstanding accuracy, speed and ease of use for even the largest surveys.
- Based on a 100Mbps Ethernet protocol, the 428XL transverse cable is capable of handling 10,000 channels at 2ms in real-time with only one Crossing Unit (LAUX) per line.
- Interface between the spread and the e-428 client/server architecture, the LCI-428 supports as much as 10,000 channels in real time at 2ms sampling rate.
Features and Benefits
- Robust 400 Series design
- More channels for the highest-possible resolution data
- Greater electrical efficiency - longer battery life and less downtime
- More layout capabilities to avoid obstacles in the field
- A wider range of compatible software and hardware platforms.
- The best ownership value in the industry
- Significant weight savings
- Scalable architecture
- User-friendly and powerful software
- Advanced QC & Maintenance tools
- DSU1 Brochure
- Giga Transverse Brochure
- 428XL Brochure
- 428XL Specifications
- Land Acquisition Brochure
- 400 Series Cables